In your home, before you even think of air conditioning repairs and calling a professional, there are some things you need to know. You need to know some DIY tricks that will help you figure out and see if you can fix the problem. This will really help you save some money down the road.
This article will help you with some tips to trouble shoot and fix your AC by yourself.
- Check if you have carried out routine maintenance on your system. This means changing the filter and then cleaning out the dust. If it is dirty then you need to clean or change it.
- Check that the thermostat is on cool and that the temperature is lower than the surrounding area.
- Check to see if the air is coming out of the ceiling or the floors. This is to make sure that the fan is working properly. If not then you need to check and make sure the AC is connected to the mains and that the power is turned on. Getting this right is good for your air conditioning repairs skills
- What is the temperature of air coming out? Is the air hot or cold? If the fan is not running then the air coming out will be hot. What you need to do is to check the wiring and make sure that everything is well connected and running properly.
- Is the AC not cooling properly? This might be as a result of the condenser not working properly. What you need to do is to put your hand towards the unit and see if you can feel a vibrating sound coming from it. A bad condenser will have no vibrations coming from the unit. Also you will need to check on the airflow of the system. Check if the vents are working properly and not stuck. If the vents are stuck then it might be the reason while the air is not cooling enough.
- Is there any ice or frost around the system? If yes, then you need to shut the system down and allow it to cool for a while. Good air conditioning repairs is all about detecting the problem and fixing it
- Check that the fuses in the sockets and mains are working properly. This is to make sure that power is constantly being supplied to the system
- Check the capacitors and make sure that they are working properly
- Always check the motor to ensure that they are running properly.
What you need to be aware of is that before you call the repair man, you need to check and see if you can do some air conditioning repair of them yourself.
Contact http://www.mjec.com.au/ here.