The floor is an important aspect in any home. In fact, a well-maintained floor is the first thing that catches one’s attention. A nice looking floor can say so much about the inhabitants of the house. It can even be a reflection of one’s personality. If you need to update the look of your floor, then go for floating timber flooring. If you wonder how this type of flooring got its name, it is actually a floor type that is installed by placing it on top of your existing floor. It can be nailed, glued, or attached on the floor with use of clippers. Floating timber flooring can be installed of floors that are made from wood, concrete, tiles, and particle boards. Check the Floating Timber Flooring Sydney.
Types of floating timber flooring
1) Real timber floors- this type of timber flooring has already gone through the process of pre-finishing so installing them on the existing floor can be done at a faster rate. It can be sanded after installation but only to a minimum as the surface has a thin layer.
2) Fake timber flooring- this type of floating timber flooring is made from plastic resins and not real timber as compared to the real timber or wooden floors. The designs or the prints are based on a real timber to make it resemble like the real one. Some people prefer this type as it is easier to maintain.
Benefits of floating timber flooring
1) It is cheaper than installing real timber floors. Though the real ones are made from timber, but the layer is thinly made only and this is what makes it cheaper.
2) It is easier to install and the man of the house can do it all by himself. It takes time though, but you save money on hiring professionals to do the floor changing for you.
3) It is made with small gaps in between. No need to worry because it is flexible and through regular usage, it will adjust on its own. In addition, if you damage one of the areas, you can easily remove it and replace it with another one, which is one of the purposes of the gaps. Thus, any damage can be easily corrected.
It is fairly easy to maintain the look of your floating timber flooring. Just use a vacuum cleaner with a soft brush or you can just use a broom to remove all dirt and debris. Mopping can be done but be very careful and be sure to wring the mop very well to remove excess water.