The inventions took place for better living. When Edison invented light centuries ago, people were attempt to create brighter and more efficient light sources. Light Emitting Diode is one of the most popular and efficient light sources available. LED lights are replacing the conventional lights because of its vivid advantages. Let us now take a look of some of the reasons which makes the LED best light source available.
- LEDs are transistors and hence it will last longer. It is estimated that an LED light will have an average life time of 100,000 hours. This number is pretty high when we are comparing this to the traditional CFL bulbs having 15,000 hours and incandescent tubes having 1,500 hours. In simple words once you bought the LED you don’t have to run soon to the store to replace them.
- LEDs are constructed with plastic when compared to others being made by glass. This makes then more durable and less prone to breakage. Durability is one of the main factors we have to take into consideration while choosing a lighting source.
- LEDs are compact and hence they can be used for multiple applications. For indication purposes there is almost no competitor to LEDs. LEDs being smaller in size can be fitted in easily in electronic circuits and many other applications.
- LEDs are not affected by atmospheric conditions like temperature. It can give luminance even at the coldest temperatures (-30 to +50 degree) and hence can be used in a variety of places.
- LED’s are eco friendly. They can be recycled with ease.
- LED’s are available in a variety of colors. For ornamental lighting purposes, these are the most preferred ones.
- LED can be said as the cooler source of light. In the case of other sources of lighting they loss a much amount of light in the form of heat. But if we consider LED about 90% of the total power is converted into light energy. They don’t cause any hazards to the environment and for this reason they are the favorite, as they do not emit any harmful gases as done by others.
- LED lights can be said as one of the brighter source of light. They don’t flicker like incandescent lamps and give a clear beam of light.
In short, the moral of the story is that, if you have not started using LED bulbs by now, then you should buy it immediately. Go to LED lighting NZ, so that you can come to know about its amazing results!